1. Power outages stink. They re-set everything in the house and the kids wake up scared because their night lights aren't working. It's also hard for a pregnant mama to use a windowless bathroom.
2. Husbands who get up at 4:30 a.m. because the power is out and their kids are scared are awesome.
3. Husbands who figure out how to use a match to light the gas stove to make coffee are even more awesome.
4. Getting the kids out of the house so they stop being squirrelly because the TV and the toaster both aren't working seems to be the Thing To Do.
Because then you get these:
5. First strawberry picking:
6. Contented, post strawberry smiles:
7. Coming home to a house where the power is back on and all is right with the world.