Thursday, July 28, 2011

Kids do the darndest things...

We took our kids out for a rare meal at A&W the other night.

They were fascinated by the juke box, and, despite hoppin' and boppin' in the booth to whatever song was playing, nothing got spilled!

The funniest part, though, was how Martin like the root beer.  Or, rather didn't.  At all. 

My kids don't get soda except as a very special treat.  We almost never have soda in the house except for grown-ups when Husband at Law needs a kick to stay up and do work.  My parents rarely have soda at their place either.  So, we figured that root beer would be a huge treat.  Robbie and Bri slurped it up.  Marty didn't.  Every time he took a little sip, he made a face.  I thought the first couple times he was just suprised by the carbonation.  But he didn't stop making the "ew, what is this face."

Finally, he took one sip, reared his head back, looked at my husband, opened his mouth really wide and said "ACK!"  It's the same reaction I have to Cod Liver Oil. 

I broke down and got him a water.  He was happy. 

I don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment